Wednesday, September 30, 2009

SPEED THRILLS BUT KILLS

Yes you might have heard this so many times even I did, but today has been a day which has really taught me the importance of this sentence. The day started at 5 in the morning with a phone call that the bus that my parents are traveling met an accident. Gosh I was immediately worried for them but got respite in sometime that they escaped without even a small scratch .I thank the Gods that I pray daily for this. The day progressed ahead and on work as usual I had to travel on the National Highway -5 ,the same road that I daily travel to and fro ,the same road that I see day in day out as my house is close to the national highway. But today I didn’t find it as amusing as it used to daily, I didn’t find it as proud to be of as I ever used to be……….reason I have seen two people dieing in front of my eyes when an auto they were traveling in was dashed by a lorry . It all happened in a split second ( life changes in a second- the new docomo ad tag is so true ) and there ahead of my vehicle on the road were lying two dead bodies and the whole road was bloodshed ,my heart cried for them …..although I don’t have any idea on who the two victims were, it was a real sad incident that I witnessed and it was reeling in my mind the whole day today.

I request all my friends and people whom I know or who ever reads this blog to please be slow on your vehicles and never risk your life for anything. I prayed to GOD to take care of my friends who daily go on bike to work, who travel in heavy traffics than I do ,for whom I CARE.

4 comments:

swathi's said...

hugs..i do understand the trauma of seeing the victims...even i am scared of speeds and it never excites/impresses me when i see guys vrooming their bikes.

Thousif Raza said...

i second you on that yaar, speed definatly kills and becuase of some lunatics others suffer, i am so glad that your parents are ok :)


take care and keep writing............

I.J.SWAMY said...

The irony of traffic accidents is they occur when there is very little traffic on roads. This is the time when every joy rider leaves traffic rules on a vacation.So culpable human error only causes accidents. Have you ever seen an accident at Abid`s junction or Jagadamba junction at around 6 PM ?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.